About Me

My photo
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." - Disney A happy man, that Disney person. And this is one of my favorite quotes, that's where I find inspiration. Stealing from other people's wisdom, huh? Anyhow, I don't talk about myself at all, if you would like to find out - you'll have to figure out how, on your own... Take a Chance [on Me]!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Literally being a fish in a Sea

Tokyo

23 million people in this city – I never thought I’d say this. But I don’t like just being a number. Yes, it is lit up, fun and exciting; however – it is not a place where I would like to live in. it is perfect for people watching though. So many different people. I just had my camera open, snapping – making videos – so that I absorb that amount of realities surrounding me. It is really an experience to find yourself crossing the street on that main crossroad in Tokyo with lights resembling the Times Square in NY. The people are still directed – all headed somewhere, dressed impeccably. Sharp, toned, and matched together perfectly. It is beyond words to explain all those people compressed in a not so large space, and not feeling stress and rush in the air. The energy of the city was not what I expected. Yes, there were many people, but they’d wait for us lost tourists to pass, they’d listen to our questions and help us find our way – even though they looked like they were coming or going from a meeting. So much business attire – I loveeeee it ! But it was unicolor…..mostly dark colors. Tokyo and Yokohama were like that, but places in South Japan were more colorful and cheerful .. per say.

 

Tokyo main crossing. A sea of people every time. I crossed that street so many times and a rush of excitement hit me every time. SO MANY DIFFERENT people; it is fascinating. Just then I realized how much I actually love people watching.

 

 

 

Just see these pictures and try to imagine. J

 

Day or night – it doesn’t matter. It is one of the best feelings ever.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment